Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's been way too long

The new year marks new years resolutions and boy did I have a list of them and blogging was at the top of my list.  Boy did I ever drop the ball.  I can only blame that on my other hobby.  Pageants with Emma.  Some day I promise to have a very long blog I'm sure about pageants, but until then I will catch up to speed.  I hope to find a fine balance between pageants, daily life, and some time for my self and my craftyness.  My kids need me now more than ever so of course they come first.   Drew is doing amazing in school.  Although I don't care for a few of his teachers he is taking it well.  Emma and Emerson are up to there normal 3 and 4 year old routines.  Emma has greatly improved in pageantry and has mad tons of "best friends".  She and Drew went to IFF state and both placed.  Emma won fresh face queen and Drew won Boy Supreme and Model Search winner.  Needless to say we are very proud of them.  Emerson shows NO interest in pageants and that's just fine with us.  He likes to dig in the dirt. 

I haven't had much time for my crafting or organizing my house since we have been gone just about every weekend doing pageants but I'm chomping at the bit to get back to blogging and getting this house in tip top shape.

As you all know Fall is my favorite time of year followed by Spring.  I love to decorate for fall because my house is full of fall colors.  So decorating for Spring always causes me an issue or two.  I'm doing the best I can though.  After all my walls are a buttercup yellow.  This year I wanted a new table runner but didn't want to spend the money so I thought what better way to remember my great grandmother than to turn one of her many quilts that I have into table runners, so that's what I did.  Below are a few pictures of how I've incorporated them into my deco.










I have a lot more to post later.  Trying to come up with new ideas everyday.

Thanks for checking in! 

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment