Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Wreath Project

As I was looking at blogs last night I came across a blog that was chalked full of fun creative ideas.  This is just one idea that I took from the blog.  There will be more to come.  If you know me you know that I like nice things but don't like to pay the big bucks for them.  I've always wanted a wreath full of dried roses.  I think this wreath kind of mimics that idea of dried flowers.  The best thing about it was that it only cost me about 50 cents to make. 

Supply's Needed:
Coffee Filters
Coffee
Glue Gun and Glue sticks
Cardboard
Scissors
Ribbon


 

1.  Start by pulling each coffee filter a part.  I just used one section of this package for my wreath.


2.  Next I made a pot of coffee to soak my filters in to stain them a tan color



3.  I let them soak for about 30 minutes and then set them out in the sun to dry.
4.  This is what they looked like dried.



5.  Next step was to cut a wreath out of card board.  I just took a round bowl and drew a circle around it as my pattern and cut it out.



6.  Next I just pinched together the coffee filters and hot glued them to the wreath



7.  To finish the wreath I just added a bow to the top

So this is the finished project and let me just say I'm mighty proud of it.  I'm still working on setting my house up for fall and looking for the perfect place to hang this.  I will be posting pics of the inside of my house soon.  Hope you enjoyed this idea as much as I did.

Angela


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I am so going to make this. Do you know what blog you were looking at with all of the craft ideas? I'm always looking for fun new crafts. -Jennifer Cherry

    ReplyDelete