Monday, October 18, 2010

Goodbye Pepto....Hello Football

Now that little Diva's room is 75% done I started on the boys "sports themed" room.  I thought Emma's room was a lot of work, but the stuff I did to the walls in the boys rooms took forever but I think the end result will be amazing. 


I love Pottery Barn and just about every room they have set up and I wanted to set up something similar for the fraction of the cost so that's what I am attempting here.  This was Emma's old room so the walls were a great shade of Pepto Bismal pink.  I have to admit it was rather sad painting over it.  It has been that color since before she was born and I loved it, but we had to sacrifice bc the boys needed the extra space.  I went with a denim blue paint color and a faux leather finish on the walls.


I don't know why the picture is sideways but here are the items needed to do a leather faux wall.


To do the faux leather wall you need constructors paint paper. You can buy a large roll at Lowe's for $10.  I gallon of Elmer's glue.  Also found at lowes for about $10.  You mix in a 5 gallon bucket the elmer's glue with equal amounts of water.  Then starts the work...You tear off pieces of paper and wad them up and dip them into the mixture.  Take them out and remove excess water and glue and place on the wall.  Be careful and make sure there are no bubbles or creases.  You also want to use the straight edges of the paper for your border and the smaller the pieces the more worn look you will get.  When you get a section done it will look like this while it's still wet....



When it dries it will look like sueded leather...


I will update the post when I get the boys room completely done. 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment